East Allegheny High SchoolMrs. Darcy Yeloushan, School Nurse412-824-9700 ext. 1700Health Assessments for Junior and Senior High SchoolHealth assessments are done yearly per Pennsylvania code 23
- Height and Weight Grades 7-12
- Near and Far Vision Grades 7-12
- Hearing Grades 7 and 11
- Scoliosis Grade 7
If you have not heard from your child's school nurse, your child passed their annual screening,
You will be notified by email if your child has failed and needs further follow up.
- Dental Exams Grade 7
- Physical Exams Grade 11
You will receive notification and a permission slip for your child to either allow or deny these exams when a date is confirmed. The school district will provide a dentist and physician to complete these exams.
Guidelines for illness
Please consider the following guidelines when making the decision to send your child to school.
- Fever of 100 degrees or higher. Students should be fever free for 24 hrs off of anti-fever medication before returning to school.
- Acute cold and/or persistent cough
- Vomiting/diarrhea should be free of symptoms for 24 hours prior to returning to school.
- Inability to sleep most of the night because of illness or not feeling well
Guidelines for Infectious illnesses
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye) - Excluded from school until 24hours after the start of appropriate treatment and all discharge is gone and eyes are dry
- Flu- excluded from school until symptoms are gone
- Head lice -excluded from school until after first treatment and lice and nit free. Students must be checked and cleared by a school nurse prior to returning to school.
- Impetigo -excluded from school until sores are no longer draining
- Mononucleosis- students may return to school when they are free from fever and able to resume normal activities. Physicians' note is recommended
- Ringworm - excluded from school until immediately after first treatment. Lesions should be covered
- Strep throat -excluded from school until 24 hours after treatment started
Guidelines for Immunizations
Students entering Grade 7
- Must have 1 dose of tetanus/dipheheria/pertussis (tdap)
- Must have 1 dose of meningitis (MCV)
Students entering Grade 12
- Must have a second dose of Meningitis(MCV)